Thursday, July 26, 2007

Storyboard Collages...

I want to take this chance to explain exactly what a storyboard is. First, I usually only create one if you request it, simply for the sake of time. Generally the way that I shoot your session is with this concept in mind... telling the story of what your child is doing at that moment in time. It's breaking apart that moment to the little details and making them into a whole memory. Some examples... your child is reading a book. So, I would put usually 2 or 3 images together, such as her head buried in the book... her fingers gripping it..... her eyebrows furrowed in concentration, or that little glint in her eye as she peeks at me over the top of the book. See... all of those little things come together in such a natural progression. I really love the 10x20 size... but can also do 8x16 or 5x10. I always mount the collage on a 2mm. piece of styrene for durability. It makes it very nice because you can just lean the finished product against the wall on a ledge, or you can go ahead and find a frame. It's your choice.:)


Here is an example...

No comments: