Thursday, March 13, 2008

Just stuff. :)

I hope all my fellow Hoosiers have been enjoying the last two days of, dare I say it... SPRING-like weather!! :) Yesterday I took some time to just enjoy being outside with Carlie. We wandered around the yard and looked at ALL the flowers that are peeking through. We went to the park. She rode her bike. I just BREATHED for a minute. Ever just need a day for that? It seems like I don't make time for myself much anymore, and today I remembered WHY I need to do that more often. I'm sure all of you busy mommas can relate.

As I was sitting out in the driveway, soaking up the sun, I was reminded of how Carlie is growing up SO fast. Afterall, she will be a busy "school girl" next year. (albeit preschool, but still...) I'm seeing so much more of her independence shine through. I'm so fiercely proud of her. So stubborn, yet sweet. So sassy, but thoughtful. So smart, and so creative... all wrapped up into this perfect little blond-haired girl with eyes that take my breath away. Her eyes are turning from blue to green... she thinks that's "cool because then we'll match". (One day, matching her mom won't be so cool, will it?)

Anyway.... here are just a couple shots from today. She got a black stuffed cat for Christmas, creatively named "Cat-cat". This new 'pet' has truly become part of our little family... and the few brief moments that this darned cat has gone missing have been pure chaotic panic. Hmmm... maybe I should buy a secret back-up cat. Wow, that was a weird sentence to type!:)
Anyway, I have to have a picture of Carlie just hanging out with Cat-Cat. It would be wrong NOT to. :)

(And is it me, or does she look like she's 6 or something instead of a mere 3 1/2? sigh...)




On an entirely unrelated note, I will be out of town for the next week being educated and thoroughly inspired, I'm sure. :) I will have limited Internet access due to very busy days, but feel free to email me if you need anything. I will get back to you just as soon as I possibly can.

1 comment:

Mary Morrow said...

oh my gosh joni... just breathtaking. both your writing & your baby!
i feel the same way about each of my girls too. that love & pride is so fierce & protective!

i hope you're having a horrible time right now you big nerd!

teasin'.