Sunday, March 1, 2009

A celebration of friendship | Indianapolis Children's Photographer

I have been saving this post for a couple of days because I wanted to be able to sit down and write more about it to do a small bit of justice to the experience. When I received the news that one of my friends and clients was diagnosed with breast cancer, I was really torn up about it. I'm so happy to report that she is doing fantastic, and is getting close to the end of her chemo treatment. She recently lost her hair as a result, and in a beautiful demonstration of support and sacrifice, one of her close friends shaved her head as well. I really wanted to capture the beauty of their friendship and this journey that she is going through now. I know K has felt very touched by all of the support and love she has received, and will continue to receive. My family will be participating in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on April 18th in support of so many beautiful and courageous women. If you are interested in joining us, please drop me an email and we will make sure you get the proper information.


Thank you, ladies, for letting me hang out with you. It was an honor.


I think these photographs speak for themselves. I hope you are as inspired as I feel. :)









(yes, indeed they did switch wigs! :))


And nothing like ending the day with a little bit of Mario Cart. :)
Thank you again, and we'll continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so sweet! You did a great job capturing their personalities with these, Joni. They're so beautiful, too. Makes me all teary eyed...

Jennifer said...

wow they are such an inspiration and so beautiful too. They have so much strength and they just amaze me! Absolutely gorgeous I tell you!!

melissa said...

What an amazing testament of faith, and an amazing friendship you were able to capture. These images are gorgeous!

Angie said...

Great work! What an inspiration! ++

Anonymous said...

very touching photographs

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful collection of images! You truly captured their friendship and story. My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend.