Last night I had the amazing opportunity to head to Riley Hospital and be there with my dear friend Brandy. She had her baby, Samson, 9 days ago, and due to complications, had not been able to hold him yet. He was transferred to Riley for some pretty intense care, and she got the news yesterday, that she would finally be able to hold her baby in her arms.... something I will never again take for granted. Thank you, Brandy, for trusting me with this beautiful moment. I will never forget it. Love you!! And Samson.... he is beautiful.... but you already knew that. :)
1) A deep breath before the big moment...2) Waiting for the nurses to get his tubes and wires situated.
3) The moment is ALMOST here.... can't you feel her emotion??
4) And... finally, your moment.
5) He is right where he belongs. I'm not sure there was a dry eye in the room.
6) OF COURSE Samson knows his mommy!!! This one goes straight to my heart.
7) For the moment... all is right with the world.
8) Mommy's arms.
9) He was so relaxed in her arms. It was perfect.
10) And by relaxed... I mean sound asleep!!! :) Look how tiny his fingers seem.
11) And there is the relieved smile that we have all been waiting to see, Brandy. You look like a mommy in love.
Thank you thank you thank you for sharing this with me. Samson... you are a little fighter!!