I'm a horrible blogger. I have literally forgotten all about this. Here's my quick update on what my life has turned into the last year or so.
1) I have a middle schooler. Who is busy, and so very smart. He enjoyed being in the orchestra and playing varsity tennis. He started to run track, but a knee injury took all the fun out of running. He may attempt that again in the future.
2) My baby is now a third grader. She's crazy, funny, and as creative as can be. I spent lots of time volunteering in her classroom this past school year and really enjoyed my time in the school.
3) We kept our kiddos in the old school district due to many reasons. This translated to me getting a new car with amazing gas mileage as I have become the main driver, to TWO different schools at TWO different times TWO times a day. I'm not even kidding when I say that it seems like half of my life is spent in a car now. I'm not complaining. I'm thankful we have that option and that my kiddos are so very happy where they are right now.
4) Both of my parents were diagnosed with Alzheimer's Dementia within the last two years. As their condition worsens, I have transitioned from actively pursuing my photography business and focused on caring for them. They are remaining at their home for the current moment, which, while happy for them, is worrisome for me. It's a difficult journey and I do not wish it upon my worst enemy. I'm thankful that I am in a position that I can be there to take care of them as much as I can.
5) Am I still shooting?? Honestly, I enjoy this slower pace and continue to photograph my families that have stuck by me for all these years and some select new ones here and there. I'm thankful for every chance that I have to be behind the camera, but my priorities have certainly switched around. My last wedding was last May and I am happy to close that chapter in my life. Life seems too short to spend it stressed out over weddings when I don't really need to be.
6) Family life is terrific. My husband and I are doing great and we are loving life with our seemingly more independent kids... although we are not sure we are quite old enough to have an actual TEENAGER at the end of this year. We are so young, really. :)
7) I will be having mini sessions this upcoming fall as I do every year. I believe the date is in September, but I will be sure to post information here.
Here are a few of my recent favorite images.