So I thought I'd say hello here, tell you some things I am so thankful for, and also share some recent favorites of mine. Feel free to comment and say hello. I'd love to hear from you.
I'm thankful for:
1) My wonderful husband who supports me in every single thing I do, makes me the best coffee every day, and makes me laugh over and over again.
2) My handsome 13 year old, Colston. (how is this possible?) He is sweet, caring, and has just the right amount of sarcasm to catch me off guard and crack me up. Also loved watching him grow into a really talented tennis player this year.
3) My beautiful 9 year old, Carlie. She is compassionate, a wonderful helper, and the most hilarious little girl I know.
4) Of course, my furry babies, Tipsy and Tucker. Don't tell them, but I'm working really hard to add to the mix of pets. Mr. Streit is not cooperating. Yet. :)
5) My amazing friends. I'm so thankful for their love and for the little ways we all make each other laugh all the time.
6) My extended family. I'm proud of the way we have tried to come together to take care of our parents, even when it isn't always fun or convenient.
7) My parents. I'm thankful they are here with us and that right now, they still know who we are and love us just the same. This year I have shared so many heartfelt moments with them, particularly my dad. As heartbreaking as it feels sometimes to watch them slowly slip away, we share a beautiful bond that can never be broken.
8) Second chances. And grace. And forgiveness. And unconditional love. And laughter. And hugs. Lots of hugs.
9) The gift of photography. This year more than ever, the value of a photograph, and even being able to really capture the moments that count, has become more profound and humbling to me. From capturing a premie in the NICU to photographing my father holding his youngest great granddaughter… life is just so, so beautiful, and sometimes I'm overwhelmed by that.
10) Music… I don't know where I'd be without music, every.single.day.
What are you thankful for?