Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just rambling.

So, I was lying in bed this morning with my daughter just snuggling and chatting. I asked her what she wants to be when she grows up. (really I just didn't want to get up so I thought getting her started talking would buy me a few more snuggly moments). She thought for a moment and said, "Well... I'm going to be a doctor..... but I'm not going to buy shots for my babies." I asked her why not. She smiled and said, "Cause I don't want to make babies cry like that. Shots will just be for grown ups..... and 7 year olds." What?!? Between you and I, I think she said seven because that guarantees that her big brother (you know, that sweet blonde who is the aggravating source behind all of her little life frustrations?) will have to have shots. It made me giggle. What a little mind she has! Here she is all sympathetic one second, and absolutely ruthless in the next. Of course then she added that she also, in fact, will be a rockstar. Not too shabby, huh? A rockstar doctor? I could use one of those.:) (especially if they go by a certain McDreamy kind of name, but I digress...)

Then she asked me..."Mommy, what are YOU going to be when you grow up just a LITTLE bit bigger?" And it hit me.... oh my goodness... I am doing exactly what I want to do "when I grow up". She didn't even know it, but she reminded me, in her sweet, oblivious way, to be thankful.

Being a "tographer" (as she puts it) is more than just a job to me. It is a dream... and a passion, but most importantly (somedays anyway), it's an outlet.

So here she is (my little 'mini-me').... in all her 3 year old wisdom and beauty.

No comments: