Friday, March 28, 2008

My kids aren't babies anymore.

Feel free to ignore my rambling and skip to the good stuff.:) But I know I preach all the time about capturing memories and honoring the little things that make up your life, but I (and I think it's safe to say that most photographers...) have the HARDEST time doing that with my own kids. I can get your kids to laugh, to talk, to, oh, I don't know, NOT roll their eyes, without me being TOO much of an idiot. But my own....? Um... no. I have to sing goofy songs, talk about icky things, and make gross noises ALL in my own front yard. Yep. That's right.... out where all the neighbors can hear me. It's really embarrassing sometimes.

But.... I guess it pays off when they look as cute as this!:) You know what? I'll sing at the top of my lungs standing on my head if that's what it takes to distract them from the idea that 'Mom has her camera out again'. Because all of a sudden, it seems to me that for the first time in seven years, there is NO baby in the house. My kids are growing up. Sure they still need me. Thank goodness for snuggle time at night. But wow.... this whole mommy thing is going way too fast.
When my 3 year old has an overly intelligent conversation with me about all the places she is going to travel... (China, France, and North Dakota (huh??!!)), I realize that my life has taken on a different look. When my 7 year old knows more about science than I do... well, reality slaps me in the face. Oh, and did you know that Carlie wants to be a doctor AND a magician? And Colston just finished the SECOND Harry Potter book. eek. WHERE ARE MY BABIES?




No comments: