Thursday, July 17, 2008

An amazing family...

When I was contacted by the oldest daughter to set up a session for her mom as a gift, I knew it was going to be a special session. I was right. I enjoyed you all so very much. What a kind, beautiful, and completely talented family! :) Thank you for a lovely hour, complete with lots of laughter.

1) Aren't they gorgeous? I love this soft light on their faces.


2) This just may be one of my favorite mother/daughter images I've taken. Since she is the youngest in the family, I knew I had to capture that bond with her mom.
3) Did I mention they are talented? Thank you for the amazing music. I wanted to keep snapping so you would keep playing. :)
4) Not entirely what I was going for... my camera did NOT appreciate this shot, and I might have had better luck about 2 hours later in the evening, but I love the fountain and sunflare. Something different. :)
5) Love the water droplets here and there. This was one of the first shots we took, and I knew I would love it.

6) I'm not sure what all they were laughing about, but I loved the result!! :)
7) Isn't she lovely?
8) So many great expressions.... and I didn't even have to sing silly songs to get them! ha :)
9) I think they just enjoy each other. Perfect.
Thanks again, guys! I will be in touch as soon as we return from vacation! :)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great, loving family and you captured it perfectly. Great job ++

Tamara Tigner said...

wow what a fun group!

Tamara Tigner said...

wow what a fun group

Tamara Tigner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nora D. said...

Hey Joni - thanks so much!! These pictures are great, and we've already looked at them a million times :) Have a great vacation, and we'll talk to you soon!

Danielle said...

So many beautiful portraits. Love the sunflare one. Wonderful!

Brandy Cunningham said...

Joni - I love this shoot and love the story behind it. What a great gift for mom! Beautiful images!

Mary Morrow said...

i think every mom needs a session with her children while they're still "children"... what a gift you've given this family!

i love that one of them sitting with the water spraying around them... and i especially love the artsy sun flared shot - the colors in it are breathtakingly characteristic of SUMMER!