Welcome to the new feature Thursday blog post! I think this will be a good way to bring perspective to the week and for you to get to know me better.:) I'll just stick with my top five things I'm thankful for this week. I used to journal a lot (should get back to that soon!), but one of the journals I kept when my oldest was a baby was a 'gratitude' journal. I kept it simple, but it was relevant to my days as a new mom, and now, is so fun to go back and read. Feel free to share your top 5 in the comments section. I know there are a lot of you out there. :)
This week, I'm thankful for....
1) HEAT. Oh my goodness... it is freezing cold here in IN and I'm so thankful for my warm house and snuggly blankets.
2) Along the same lines.... COFFEE. Yep, kinda trivial, but if you are anything like me, getting up in the mornings in the winter is not at the top of my fun list. Mix warm coffee with the added bonus of caffeine, and it makes it just a wee bit better.
3) Good friends. You know the ones I mean.... those who drop everything to help you out, or to just be there, or to make you laugh on a really dreary day.
4) Afternoons to myself. Do you know how HARD it is to work from home?? When anyone else is home, that means I'm fair game for um... drinks, snacks, boo-boos, finding things, etc. And while I'm so happy to help them with those things, it breaks up the productivity. So... all that to say... preschool is a wonderful thing. :)
5) Sunshine. I think today was the first day the sun came out in the last week. Makes a big difference in our moods, doesn't it?
Here's to a great weekend!! Stay tuned for another maternity sneak peek tomorrow, as well as a maternity/newborn special coming up very soon!