Sunday, September 27, 2009

4 Days Old | Indianapolis Newborn Photographer

There's nothing quite like a newborn baby, but particularly when I get to meet them in the first few days of life. This sweet little girl never once opened her eyes for me. She was so so so sleepy! (and YES, snuggly!! :)) She has the most beautiful head of hair and flawless skin. Congratulations, J and S! So happy for your new little family.

1) They have amazing light in their home... making my job so easy! I love watching new parents with their baby... there is something so hopeful and happy about the way they take in every little movement and sound their baby makes.
2) Hey Momma... check out those lashes. :) Love this moment.
3) As two Butler graduates, it wasn't really fair to leave out their family bulldog! And she was all about jumping into the picture... does she not look like she is smiling a bit??? (or smirking? I'm not sure which!)
4) Amazingly peaceful.
5) My photographer friends know how fun it is when we have HUGE windows to work with. This is one of my favorites from the session.
6) They were pros at snuggling. By the way. :)
7) I loved the chair in the nursery and had to use it! I love how her hands are folded so perfectly.
8) And the nap continues....
9) seriously... the girl was OUT!! :) That little hand up by her face makes me smile.
10) I loved the decor in their home, and wanted more of a pulled back shot.
11) A little different shot for me, but I love the end result.
Thank you for welcoming me into your home! I will be in touch soon!

4 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

THESE ARE AMAZING!!! What a precious baby, family, and bulldog!!

Maggie said...

the last picture kind of looks like an ultrasound shot... it's really cool!! :)

Joni Streit said...

Thanks, ladies. Maggie... I thought the same thing... very "in utero" looking to me.

The Alveys said...

Joni- These look great!!! They were exactly want we wanted to capture. We are so excited to see all the others from Friday.